Membership in NYHIMA is an essential investment in your career as a Health Information Management professional. Since 1935, NYHIMA has been dedicated to promoting the professional excellence of its members through education, advocacy, and alliances and continues to offer its members an exceptional assortment of members-only benefits and professional resources. NYHIMA members possess training in the principles of health information management and are certified and/or registered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
To qualify for membership in NYHIMA you must first be a member of AHIMA. NYHIMA members pay dues annually to both AHIMA and NYHIMA.
NYHIMA Members Enjoy:• Discounted registration fees for NYHIMA's continuing education programs and events
• The ability to hold a NYHIMA office, vote and/or serve on a NYHIMA committee
• Eligibility to apply for NYHIMA scholarships
• Access to the members-only portal of the NYHIMA website
• Continuous updates and news on fast-emerging HIM issues and trends.
• The opportunity to participate on the many state & federal legislative initiatives that will have a direct impact on HIM professionals.
• Increased opportunity to network with peers and subject matter experts throughout the State.
Join Today and take advantage of everything NYHIMA membership has to offer!